Whether you are a Swansea based builder or a homeowner looking to hire a contractor, it is important to be aware that Covid-19 has not gone
away and will likely be with us for the foreseeable future. Therefore, it pays for everyone to familiarise themselves with the rules regarding coronavirus and construction.
Swansea Builders Checklist
1. CHECK – Construction companies in Swansea are advised to check in advance before commencing any building work, or quotations, with the householder. The current guidelines say that if anyone in the household has symptoms then the work should not go ahead. This is also true for anyone self-isolating.
2. DON’T – All home builders in the Swansea area are urged not to go into a client’s home with coronavirus symptoms, no matter how mild they may be. For a full list of what constitutes coronavirus symptoms, please check here.
3. WASH – Remember to wash your hands before and after arriving at the property. Bring your own towel and take it away again when you leave; paper towels should be disposed of safely. Make use of hand sanitiser and remember to wash your hands when you go
4. SPACE – Remember to maintain your distance when working in someone’s home (or any setting). At the time of writing this should be two meters – but bear in mind this could be relaxed to one meter in the near future. Please also remember that homeowners may not be comfortable about coming close, so allow as much space as is practical between you and the client.
5. BUBBLE – It is advisable for all home builders in Swansea to consider ‘bubbling up’ with certain team members. Larger construction companies in the Swansea area which have a bigger pool of staff should think about keeping certain teams together on projects, to minimise the spread of Covid-19.
6. BYO – Just like a party, home builders in Swansea are advised to bring their own to a job, this means bringing their own mugs and refreshments, but also towels, toiletries and equipment wherever possible. The fewer people that handle your personal items the better!
7. DISINFECT – Although the homeowner has responsibility for ensuring that surfaces are kept clean, we would advise all building contractors do their bit to control the virus spread in Swansea by wiping of handles and surfaces with a disinfectant wipe.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CORONAVIRUS AND THE WELSH GOVERNMENT RULES, PLEASE SEE HERE.